"i am a weekday on weekends..."
37 years old
S2JESSICA is in your extended network
Jessica's Latest Blog Entries [Subscribe to this blog]
- e•mo•tion (view more)
- shapoo. (view more)
- relatable. (view more)
- ihysm. (view more)
- my first day. (view more)
Posts with the tag "sally hansen" in it.
February 1st, 2012 @ 7:02 pm
for this set o’ nails, i cut the side of the scotch tape strips. if you have different fancy scrap booking scissors, you could use those to go straight across also for different shapes. i just went with this because i was feeling kinda 80’s/90’s or something?
honestly, it was a pain in the balls to do and i probably won’t do it again. sometimes the triangles i cut wouldn’t get to sharp points kind of rounded/squared, additionally the tape template would break and i’d while i was removing it after applying the black. it’s because the piece was too thin and the polish was too heavy… i had to fight to get it off with tweezers twice because of how small of a piece was left behind…
it’s also kind of hard to get the triangles even close the same size/shape. maybe it’s because i have fat/heavy ikea house scissors…?
i thought this would be super easy, and i guess in theory it may have been if i’d been a little more patient. it was also the first time i’d done it, so i don’t know why i’m so complainy, lol.
January 19th, 2012 @ 2:34 am
aside from instagramming and working all the time, i’ve been doing the following for fun, and to maintain my own sanity…
1. keeping up with them diagonails
2. making a bunch of friendship bracelets and chinese staircase earrings! (while watching TV, usually… never have extra time for anything fun)
i’m actually going to start selling those earrings, i bought some hoops. if you’re interested, HOLLER.
3. playing lots of scrabble with my boyfriend on my iphone.
4. hello, it’s hockey season…
5. watching lots of netflix. i finished up breaking bad, brothers & sisters and gossip girl 🙁 i need a new show! suggestions???
6. hanging with my boyfrannn michael<333 we had his sisters wedding, my sisters birthday, christmas with our families, new years eve (obv) and his cousins sweet 16 in addition to some other stuff that i had to attend… it just felt like all of december was so dang busy…
other than all of that, when it gets cold out, my social life usually just shuts down. i hate being outside in the cold! although, i did recently get to hang out with the amazeballs online friend chris for his birthday last week. i met him on le twitter a couple of years ago… FINALLY made it out while he was in NYC (he’s connecticut based), lower east sided it! got saucy, hung out with his stuntman cousin, had pancakes at like 4AM… we had a blast 🙂
hmm, i guess that’s it really. just trying to craft more. i should start working on the site for the jewelry, while i’m feeling this graphic design creative…
December 2nd, 2011 @ 1:20 pm
sometimes i get bored and start tumbling and find awesome eye-makeup ideas, hair stuff, nails-did pictures, etc. and i get all inspired to scour through youtube for tutorials. well this one night i found a tutorial for water marbling [view video example here] and was hooked on trying different things for months. some worked out, some didn’t (got lazy doing many of them, lol), but i found a fast, easy and yet not-so-creative style to integrate into my beauty regiment… two-tone colors separated diagonally. 🙂
(forgive me, i didn’t fill in near the cuticle before taking the picture…)
i love this because it’s super easy, it’s cute, and there are so many different colours to combine. sometimes after rocking em like this for a week, i’ll throw some glitter (like big, chunky glitter) on them to switch them up, too.
i prefer to do them diagonally but i’ve also done half and half vertically and horizontally… but this is my favorite… it’s simply done with a small piece of scotch tape going across the nail to keep the line straight.
there’s nothing to it really, a few suggestions/tips:
- put the pieces of scotch tape on the back of your hand first. if you put it on your skin and take it off once or twice, it removes the strength of the tape adhesive and it doesn’t stick to the polish.
- tape up all of your fingers before painting even one of them.
- try to pull it off while the polish is still wet so it doesn’t stick.
i don’t have a favorite top coat or anything, just whatever clear polish i have laying around.