October 25th, 2021 @ 12:18 am
so i haven’t watched the sopranos since it was on television originally. i find it so weird and different watching these things straight through in binge mode vs. waiting on a weekly basis for years. man, my generation really was the last generation to have to have patience regarding things like that. i mean, sure there are plenty of shows still airing weekly, but now you have so many options to not have to deal with it. i think the last shows i watched on a weekly basis were “younger” and “the walking dead”. i eventually gave up on the walking dead (i intend to binge it in the future when it’s finally over) and the last season of younger was completely ignored until i could stream it.
anyways, back to the sopranos. i “took notes” from this round of watching, and these were of my favorite things… in no particular order, other than how it was watched:
1. annika pergament was the main news anchor throughout the series! she’s been a regular on my tv since the 90s on NY1.
2. my dad looked exactly like big pussy (RIP dad, RIP big pussy):
3. relatable content:
4. meadow had so much of my wardrobe from the late 90s. there was so much delias, but most notably, my favorite platform vans that vans REFUSES to re-release because they are bums. hers are tan, though.
5. “it was a homeless woman with a daily news up her butt!” – meadow’s weird boyfriend scolding her roommate who was trying to help a homeless woman
6. (tony gets off the phone with pauly, who is lost in the woods with christopher in pine barrens)
“you’re having coffee right?” – carm
[audible sigh] – tony
“…my father has glaucoma.” – carm [looks of anger and disbelief]
7. this imagery:
8. this imagery:
9. “what’s different about you” – tony
“HE HAS NO EYEBROWS TONY!” – carm
10. WTF HAPPENED TO THE RUSSIAN GUY IN THE WOODS?! (upon research: valery’s fate)
11. “it’s a hermies (hermès), supposed to be the best!” – tony giving carm a silk scarf
12. “whoa, slow down, slow down… you’re supposed to savor it, it’s important in life.” – tony to AJ, sipping champagne
13. “you smell that? it’s fucking autumn. it’s like the first fall night when you’re a kid, and the air’s all crisp and you start smelling people’s fireplaces.” – tony talking to christopher, while outside on a crisp night
14. “there’s nothing holding us together but DNA” – janice to tony
15. the scene where junior’s mind is going and he’s watching tv and thinks he’s larry david and that jeff is bobby.