June 14th, 2018 @ 11:07 am
so if you haven’t already seen it, the trailer for the new halloween movie coming out this year was finally revealed… after watching it like, 830 times and reading about it here are my thoughts:
1. why must we completely ignore halloween II? i don’t understand why everyone hates that movie so much. it’s so creeeeeeeeeeepy. i’m 36 years old and i’m still freaked out looking down hospital hallways. i could care less about the plot holes “pace” of the movie, stated in various reviews of it. take that info and apply it to the story with a shrug like i always have. i don’t think they were that abundant that it needed to be scrapped. plus, the murders in that movie were awesome and just builds his brutal/spooky character. i also think they could have picked up the story from there. it’s just more for laurie to have gone through and survived.
2. all of the homage/nods in the trailer REALLY bugged me at first. it seems like every time something needs to relaunch or continue nowadays, you have to include these ridiculously obvious and cliche acknowledgements. if i could count on one hand how many happened, i’m kind of turned off. if they were a bit more subtle, like you’d only understand if you were a life-long fan, i’d respect them more (ie: when they drive up and the patients are all walking around – CREEPY and you know what that means if you’ve seen the movies).
3. wowwwwwwww laurie SARAH CONNOR VIBES.
4. as creepy as the teeth thing was, it doesn’t seem very michael myers to me… it was a little OD and his character doesn’t need to try so hard. even when michael killed creatively, we didn’t see it happen and he didn’t show us, characters found it. i did LOVE the nod to the garage death in H4, though.
5. i hate the mask.
6. i irrationally have always loathed judy greer (thank jawbreaker) and i wish she wasn’t in the movie. she doesn’t seem very natural in the part… blegh.
7. there were halloween III masked trick-or-treaters, which made me happy. that’s another halloween flick everyone seems to hate for no good reason… it’s creepy as fuck and has an amazing soundtrack.
at any rate, i can’t wait to see it… hopefully it’ll be creepy and great and all of these criticisms and skeptical thoughts won’t even matter. i’ll just sit here on laurie strode’s house waiting patiently, just like michael.